The Falcons Pre-Prep is a school where boys are taught how to love learning. Our ethos is to share and discover individual talent, instill confidence and to build resilience in our children.
The boys are always our first priority. Every child has the right to feel happy, safe and valued in caring and supportive surroundings. Our values are built on mutual trust and respect for all. It is our aim that every member of the school community shares this ethos, and is treated fairly and as an individual. Our outstanding team of experienced staff ensure excellent levels of teaching and the best pastoral care possible.
The curriculum is tailored to the individual needs of the boys, building on their knowledge and encouraging them to achieve. Every boy has equal access to the full curriculum and well-planned purposeful activities which are created with effective insight from skilled practitioners. We provide a modern, bright and stimulating environment, which allows the boys to access a variety of appropriate age specific learning equipment and materials.
The school’s behaviour policy is designed to ensure that all members of the school can live and work together in a supportive way. It aims to help our boys grow into positive, responsible and increasingly independent members of the school and wider community. We reward good behaviour and believe that this will develop a culture of mutual respect, kindness and co-operation. Our policy and practice is designed to actively promote good behaviour, rather than merely act as a deterrent. We expect parents to support their child’s learning, and to co-operate with the school in a cohesive team approach. We endeavour to build an effective dialogue and rapport between home and school, and we inform parents immediately if we have concerns about their child’s welfare or a choice he may have made.
The school does not tolerate bullying of any kind. If we discover that an act of bullying or intimidation has taken place, we take immediate steps to stop any further occurrences of such behaviour. We do everything in our power to ensure that all children attend school free from fear and prejudice. In very rare circumstances, the Headmaster reserves the right, in consultation with the parents and governors to exclude a child.
1.1.1 General Aims
- To promote the existence of a caring community in which boys are helped and guided academically and pastorally without intrusion into their privacy or compromise to their autonomy.
- To enable each pupil to explore and realise their abilities and qualities as an individual and to contribute as a member of the School and wider community.
- To ensure that the boys’ transitions to Prep schools are successful and as smooth as possible.
- To promote a love of learning throughout the School.
1.1.2 Academic Aims
- To develop a curriculum that offers intellectual challenge, individuality, breadth and balance.
- To stimulate young minds and offer as many opportunities as possible to broaden the boys’ experiences.
- To encourage independence, curiosity, receptiveness and intrinsic discipline.
1.1.3 Social Aims
- To create an environment in which children are encouraged to be considerate, courteous and tolerant of the needs of others.
- To have respect for others’ abilities, beliefs, opinions, personal dignity and property.
- To make all boys aware of the School rules and to be active in their implementation.
- To help boys to become responsible citizens of the wider community.
- Encourage intrinsic motivation dove-tailed with resilience.