James stepped through the blue doors as a fresh-faced toddler. He was warmly welcomed and rapidly settled into our Nursery. His passion for learning quickly helped him to make the most of all the opportunities on offer both in and outside of the classroom.
James thrived on the sports field where his drive and determination to continually improve made him stand out from his peers. No matter the sporting activity, James’ leadership qualities soon came to the forefront. During competitive fixtures,he would lead by example and would endeavour to bring out the best in his teammates. He strived to be one step ahead of his opponents and this culminated in him becoming the captain for our school chess team leading them to the semi-finals in the U9 UK Primary Chess competition.
In the classroom, James went from strength to strength. His passion and curiosity for learning was fuelled by all the subjects on offer at the Falcons Pre-Prep. When faced with a problem, James was always creative in his response trying to discover new ways and ideas to find a resolution. On the stage, James’ communication skills and ability to work well under pressure shone through as he hosted our school’s very own X Factor competition and performed a brilliant solo guitar piece to the whole school.
With James’ time coming to the end at the Falcons Pre-Prep, he ventured out on our Year 2 overnight residential trip to Lodge Hill with all of his friends. An exhilarating trip where James immersed himself in every activity he faced. From archery and zip-wiring to singing around the campfire toasting marshmallows, together with his teachers. The overnight stay was a welcome reward for all the boys’ hard work and endeavours over the duration of their time at the Falcons Pre-Prep. James has an extremely bright future as he moves on down the road to St Paul’s; we look forward to welcoming him back in the near future for him to share his further contributions and achievements at his new school.
I have really enjoyed my time at Falcons Pre-Preparatory School and will always remember it with a beaming smile.
Some of my favourite things at school were:
- The staff: Throughout my time at the school, my teachers and all the staff have ensured that everything I have learnt has been taught in an interesting and fun way. I have been able to go on exciting trips including the Roald Dahl, Natural History and RAF museums and get involved in great activitiessuch as Forest School.
- Sports and Clubs: I have really enjoyed participating in sports and clubs at the school. I got to play football, rugby, dodgeball, cricket, as well as doing cool experiments in science club and becoming a speedy touch-typist! I also really liked playing in the chess club and taking part in competitions and tournaments for the chess team. The highpoint for me was getting to the Chess Giga final and captaining the school chess team at the UK PrimaryChess U9 Semi-finals.
- Concerts and plays: There have been many great shows and plays during my time at the school and I have starred in a boyband, hosted the X Factor and learnt songs from across the world. The Christmas concerts have been my favourite, especially singing carols to my parents. I have also had the chance to learn the guitar to Grade 1 and perform a solo to the whole school, which was a great experience.
- Food: The lunches at Falcons were scrumptious and very nourishing – we were very lucky to be so well fed! The chef made exceedingly good cakes.
- Residential trip: The most exhilarating moment in Year 2 was our residential trip to Lodge Hill. We got to do archery, zip-wiring, snow-tubing and sing around the campfire toasting marshmallows, together with our teachers. But most of all, it was great having a sleepover and bedtime feast with my friends.
I was thrilled to be made House Captain and Prefect in Year 2. I loved the responsibility and always did my best to be a good role model to the younger boys. It was really fun taking new parents around the school and talking to them about how I have enjoyed my time at Falcons. I hope that their sons will enjoy their adventure as much as I have.
I made fantastic friends and will always cherish the happy memories.